Tuesday, July 15, 2008

2008 All Star Game-My Take

I really enjoyed the All Star game tonight for the first time since I can remember. I have enjoyed moments like Teddy Ballgame coming out with Ripken and Gwynn in Boston and Bo Jackson and Wade Boggs going back-to-back in KC, but I think tonight was the first time I've watched the entire game in years. I think it was because my son was so fired up about it before the game started. We walked in the door from his all star practice as the players stepped on the field. He was amazed to see all the Hall of Famers on the field and everything going on in Yankee Stadium. He yelled to his mom every time they announced another old player. Tonight was great.

Right now, it's 3-3 Top 9 and as much as I'd like to see the National League win one, I'd also love to see Rivera get this save in Yankee Stadium tonight. As Rivera runs in to the mound with 1 out in the 9th, it's hard not to get cold chills. My son dozed off on the couch right before Volquez gave up the homer. Thank goodness, b/c it would have ruined it for him.

No comments: