Thursday, July 3, 2008

Why I Still Love My Reds

I am again at a lost for words as I write this. The Reds just aren't this bad, but their record says yes they are. I think there is a good mix of young players and veteran players on this squad, that should complement each other. What is the problem....Did anyone mention Dusty Baker's name again.....surely not me!!!!

The young phenom, Jay Bruce went 2 for 3 with two home runs and four RBI's. When you get that kind of production from a rookie the veterans had better step up and do their part. Adam Dunn did hit number HR #21 tonight to add the other lone run. Bruce had a little let down after his torrid start but look out National League as he is now is heating it up again.

If you love baseball as much as I do consider taking in a game at Great American Ballpark and watch these young guns in action. We might not win that much right now, but the Reds have a bright future ahead of them. Consider these youngsters, Joey Votto, Jeff Keppinger, Brando Phillips and quite possibly the 2008 "Rookie Of The Year" Jay Bruce. Anytime you let the freakin Pirates come in to your house and win two of three it's not good, but hang with these guys as things do look better down the road. Now I am sounding like a drunken Cubs fan, oh no!!!!!!!!!! At least it hasn't been 100 years for us.......

Let me say this, a bad day at the ball park is better than a good day at work anytime and this team will give you "some good days" at the ball park.....We just need more of them.

No comments: